Wednesday 28 September 2011

Homeward Bound

The last couple days in York have been awesome. The entire year has been awesome! Right, so we started off with coffee with Keri; I swear we could talk forever but stupid meetings got in the way. Next off was a trip to the House of Trembling Madness with Olly that resulted in drinking a mass amount of beer. The glass was gigantic and could barely lift it let alone drink all of it; we even managed to get the entire pub staring at us when our drinks arrived...too much fun. Next stop was Evil Eye & it was just blurry from then onwards. I don’t remember how I made it to KM or our next stop from there. I had good fun that day. The last night in York I went out to Tokyo...it wasn’t planned at all; the plan was to get a drink at the pub and then come home. Nope, 3 pubs, Tokyo & a hook up later I’m in bed just about packed for the next day.    

I swear the universe didn’t want me to leave England; it pulled out all the stops to get me to stay. First we had a lovely shower of rain on my way to the train station thus resulting in a very cold station, not that it’s ever warm in there or anything. Next stupid thing I did was get onto the wrong train and managed to jump off just in time before being London-bound. So I manage to get onto the right train & because it’s so packed full of people, I had to stand for the entire 2 hour journey to Man Airport. Not too bad of a start there, the worst bit was the fact that my luggage was slightly over weight. Tossed out a pair of pumps and put a couple t-shirts into my hand luggage & I was ready to go. Almost missed my flight to Zurich, thanks to the complicated mass that is Man Airport.  Zurich was just fine; nothing too dramatic happened there except for our 30 min delay, yet another sign from the Universe to stay. However, it placed me on a flight between 3 South Africans for 10 hours...just make up your mind already Universe; stay or go?

Anyway, after 12 hours of flying across the world & I’m back in SA. The usual start to the morning is with breakfast and so mum & baby bro of mine went out for brekkie, which I paid for in the end. Homeward bound & passed out on the couch while catching up with my baby bro. Leftover pizza & more drifting in-n-out of sleep for most of the night, laughing my lungs out with dada & loads of cartoon watching.
The main idea for the next week or so is to become familiar with what should already be familiar. I’m only seeing my mates over the weekend and from then on it will be more scheduling to get around to seeing everyone. Got to remember to keep hydrated & not go overboard with being out in the sun. The last experience was not fun at all & shan’t be repeating it anytime soon.

So that was it, that was the last of Callisto’s life in York, now all that’s left is graduation and surviving life post-MSc...kicking my ass already might I add. 

No comments:

Post a Comment