Sunday 8 May 2011

And so it begins...

It’s that time of the year again when I become an unpleasant person to be around. Ok, generally I am an unpleasant person, but if you add dissertation research and writing to the mix well... I’ve spent close to a week searching for and reading articles on starch grain analysis and dental calculus. It was only last night that my brain had an “aha” moment and when I woke up the next morning, it was gone. Hmmm, my brain is simple...it works on the principle of “monkey see, monkey do” right now this monkey isn’t seeing much and is therefore not getting a whole lot done! Anyway, with loads of positive energy (just oozing from my pores) and the wonder that is science (so I’m told by the scientists) it will work out. Good!!!

Ok, so my last few posts were really angry, dark and super narcissistic and got a few people wondering what it is they did wrong. If you think you did something to upset me, well...took you long enough! Ok, no now really, I’m just embracing the narcissist-ness within my personality. There is the existence of a ‘healthy’ narcissism that we should all practice and if you know anything about me, my folks, super awesome brothers & mates then you can understand my need to have a slightly higher dosage of narcissism. If not...I’m sorry, in the case that I’ve been unpleasant...again I am sorry. A feature related to healthy narcissism is the feeling of greatness, which is the antithesis of insecurity and inadequacy. Can’t promise it won’t happen again, but this time I have a mate that I’m just going to call up and scream at. When he gets a ‘bird’, if he doesn’t have one already, she’s just going to have to deal with it for my sake.

So, on the happy and bright side of things in my York-living/uni-busyness I got my pathology report back, and must say that the comments I got back made me smile a whole lot. Comments were that it was a beautiful piece, professionally done and accompanied by well documented illustrations =). For once my photos weren’t rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment